Friday, December 12, 2014


P-day Hike
La Indepe
Hola Hola Hola!!

Well this has been an interesting week to say the least.  I got into the offices on saturday, then the next monday was changes and the new missionaries arrived. So for monday, tuesday, and wednesday we were just shipping missionaries around and giving the capacitations on how the mission works.  I thought it was pretty fun, but it did get a little bit annoying because we couldn't go out to the area.  And then on wednesday the missionaries that are going home came and stayed in our house.  That was kind of a wierd feeling, to see and hear people talk about going home.  
new companion

So I am in a trio right now.  It is me Elder Ortega (he will be my new comp) and then Elder Powers. He is the old secratary that is training me in all the financial stuff.  My new area is Independencia, but everyone calls it La Indepe.  And I thought that my old area was bad ha...this place is nuts! I have officially been in the 2nd and 1st most dangerous areas in the mission now.  I don't know why president has it out for me ;)  But I really like both of my comps.  We have been having a really good time.  Usually the days here we work in the offices until the food at 2, then we are out till 9.  And we still get a lot done in those 7 hours.  Planning has been a little weird with 3 people, especially because the other two know eachother and the area better.  They have had 2 baptisms in the last two changes, so they have done pretty good! But I was really surprised when we did our weekly and daily plans and they didn't set any goals.  They just told me that they never have. So I have already found someway I can help :) We will have la indepe looking like Zion in no time :)
a spider in our house

Today we went and hiked Cerro de la Silla.  It is the mountain that is in like all the pictures of monterrey ha. The one that looks like a saddle a little bit.  And it made our hike in hawaii with the cowleys and farnes look like a cake walk ha.  I went with Elder Powers and Shaw and it took us like 8 hours round trip, and it rained the whole time.  We had looked at the weather all week and it was supposed to be good, but it changed on us.  We got to the top and couldn't see anything but clouds, so it was a little disappointing ha. But it was a lot of fun!

Love you all, thanks for the support!

Elder Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment