Friday, December 12, 2014

7/22/13

I MADE IT!!

Hola Hola Hola
President Swapp gave us the opportunity to send a letter and a quick email tonight!  Sooooo I made it to Mexico!  And let me tell you, it is so awesome!  I will be able to send some pictures next week hopefully, but for now you will have to take my word for it. 
The city is amazing! It is surrounded my huge green mountains and it is just stuffed full of people.  Stepping off the airplane for the first time was a bit of a shock ha.  We had to make it through customs and everything without speaking any English. It was exciting, nerve wracking, and a whole lot of fun at the same time.
President and Sister Swapp picked us up from the airport with like 10 other missionaries.  Stetson Clayton is here with me! He graduated the year before I did and got his call the same day I did.  There are 12 Elders from Provo, and 12 from Mexico City.  I have been hanging around the Mexican elders so that I can practice my spanish.  And guess what, we can communicate a little bit! It´s pretty exciting.  We are all staying in the AP´s house tonight, so like 30 of us with two showers, so this should be interesting.
Tomorrow I get to find out who my trainer is, and what area I will be in.  They said that we should be in our areas by like noon! I´m really excited to get out and get to work!
I love you all and hope you are doing great!
Elder Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment