Friday, December 12, 2014

7/15/13

One More Week

Hola hola hola!
Another successful week of being the most loved missionary at the MTC!  Thanks for all the packages Grammy, Jill, and Mom! The treats were delicious and my district is very thankful ha. 
I'm just going to start out with the most exciting news......I got my travel plans!!! I leave on the 22nd at 4:30 in the morning from the MTC haha.  Our flight isn't till 8:35, so i dont know why we are leaving so early ha, but I am excited! It's me my companion, and 9 other missionaries that are all going to Monterrey West.  My companion is our travel leader, but he has only been on a plane once before so i have been joking with him that he wont know how to get through the airport ha.  Also, half my district, including him haven't gotten their visas yet, so it will be interesting to see if they can get them this week.  I don't know what you want to do so that I can call. I think that you sent liza a phone or something? But I was thinking that I would be able to call around 7.  We also have an hour layover in Dallas that might work.
I have been freaking out because I just saw the picture of the Moomba! Are you guys messing with me haha? It seems like it is too good to be true!
So we had a really cool experience this week.  We got to do a skype lesson with a woman from Mexico! She was member ha, but it was still really fun! We understood about a quarter of the words she said, in fact we didn't even get her name haha..it was like..something something Silvia something something Lopez. So we just nodded our heads haha.  It also didnt help that she had her hand on the space bar the whole time so it was making that really annoying noise that computers do when you hold the space bar ha.  But we gave her a lesson about Lehi's dream, reading the book of mormon every day, and holding fast to the Iron Rod.  It maybe wasn't the best choice for a lesson, because iron rod in spanish is "barro de hierro" and I cant roll my r's haha.  So the first time I said it she just started laughing. And then I had to say it like 20 more times haha.
This week I have really been learning to be a good companion ha.  Even if the suggestion is, "Elder Jacobsen I think that we need to stay closer together." and I said, "What do you mean Elder Barrett? we are side by side all day." his response, "Well sometimes when we are walking up or down stairs you get a step or two ahead of me."  So yes our steps are now synchronized when we walk up stairs hahaha. 
Oh something else that was interesting this week. We had protesters during our temple walk yesterday haha. I don't know why they chose the MTC to do their work, but they yelled for like 3 hours straight.  They didn't realize that it just got most of the missionaries really excited to get back to the real world.
I have been reading the book of mormon in spanish, and this week I was reading about Lehi's dream again.  I love when it is talking about the great and spacious building and the angel says, "behold the wisdom of the world, they gather together to reject the apostles of the lamb" It almost seems a little bit humorous to me ha.  I can picture the people in heaven looking down on people making bad decisions and just saying, "behold the wisdom of the world." I'm so glad that I have the wisdom of the gospel and of the Holy Ghost in my life.  I can't wait to share it with others.
I love you all and miss you!
I hope that we can all live so that no one ever has to look at us and say, "behold the wisdom of the world"
Elder Jacobsen
p.s. we got permission to email again on saturday before we leave
and the last picture is with PJ tanner from hockey haha, he leaves to mexico the same day as I do!






No comments:

Post a Comment