Friday, December 12, 2014

11/6/13

me and elder ortega at the temple

Goodbye trio
Hola Hola Hola!!!

Thanks so much to everyone for the emails and birthday wishes! Even here in mexico I felt very loved haha. And mom the halloween package and pictures were just perfect! It sounds like everything is going really great there and I always love to hear that!

This week has been a little bit of a downer.  We have hardly had any time to go and work in the area.  The work in the offices has been a little bit crazy, and then we wasted a day so that Elder Powers could say goodbye to people in the area.  His comp arrived last night, so he is off to another area.  It is just Elder Ortega and I now.  Which I am excited about.  It was fun being in a trio, but it was pretty hard to work.  It made lessons hard, as well as comp study and everything.  The only scary part is now all the financial work falls on me ha.  I don't think that Elder Powers taught me everything that I need to know...oh well good thing I am on the Lord's errand and have his guide :) 

cerro de la silla in the morning!
This week we did have the spirit with us though, and it guided us straight to a new investigators house...in a different way than I have ever experienced haha.  We had just finished a lesson with Sergio and were on our way back to the offices but Elder Ortega really had to use the bathroom haha.  He said that there was no way that he could hold it so he just picked a house to knock on the door and ask to use their bathroom.  The guy came out and called us Elders and let us right in.  We were super weirded out haha. So Elder Ortega went to the bathroom and Powers and I started to talk to the guy.  He said that he went to church for five years in Mexico City and Guadalajara.  And that he always loved going to the Temple visitors center to look at the cristo statue.  We were even more shocked when he said that he had never been baptized haha.  He said that he never felt the need, that he new the book of mormon was true and that joseph smith was a prophet.  He even said that every time he drives past the temple here he gets a feeling inside that he can't explain.  But he said he never got his answer about baptism.  We jumped in and started teaching him all about revelation haha...he understood everything and we have another appointment with him tonight! So we are super excited about him! And on the way out he said, "so that's why you're commanded to preach 2x2" hahaha so ya he has read D&C as well.

That is all that I have for this week, hope you enjoy ha!

Elder Jacobsen
me and elder brown at the zone activity

No comments:

Post a Comment