Friday, December 12, 2014

10/25/13

Everyday is the greatest.
Hola hola hola!!

Well another good week down.  And another changed pday ha.  I guess it shifts from friday to saturday quite often here in the offices, but it is supposed to be on friday.  So every week might be a surprise ha!

So right now I'm working in a trio.  And I am not going to lie, it has been a little bit tough.  Elder Powers, the old secratary was supposed to change this monday, but a missionary decieded to go home so all the changes got messed up.  So as of right now it looks like we'll be in a trio for the rest of the change.  The hardest part is that I am the new guy, and the other two have been working together for the past two changes.  They have their ideas of how things should be, and don't really like suggestions.  But I have so many ways that we can improve the way that we are working, so that we are more efficiant and have more success.  I just have to find a way to get them to buy in ha.  They are really good missionaries, but they have the attitude that "it applies to everyone but me." I'm glad that coach hunsaker taught me better than that in all those UVU basketball camps ha.  We need to take every opportunity we have to try to be better and to improve. That is the kind of attitude I am trying to bring here.

Every week here on Monday we have a meeting with all the office missionaries, the assistants, and president and sister swapp.  This week president told us that numbers in the mission are going down, and that they have been the whole year, and that he was thinking about lowering the Goals for the mission.  Everyone seemed to be for sister swapp and I.  They all said that it was too hard to reach the goals and that they had almost never done it. And that just ate at me.  I mean we are in a war right now and from what president said Satan has the upper hand.  We need to do something to change the momentum.  I couldn't help myself, I had to chime in, even being the new one there ha.  I just said that I did not want to lower the goals.  That they were reachable if we really gave it all we could. That we just needed to check ourselves and be better committed.  That Elder Leishman and I had been really close almost every week.  I don't know how the other missionaries took it ha, but President didn't lower the goals :)

So basically I love it out here.  Everyday is just the greatest thing ever.  I hear missionaries everyday complain about how it sucks and they just can't wait for their two years to be up.  I don't get that.  I love everyday, and everyday I want to do better for my savior.  We have a couple investigators that should be coming to church this week, so I will keep you posted!

Love and Miss you all!

Elder Jacobsen

No comments:

Post a Comment