Friday, January 2, 2015

11/23/13

Angelito and I

It's Cold.

Hola Hola Hola!!!

Ortega, Jurado, Thelma and Gabi at Gabi's farewell
I can't feel my hands or feet right now, and the sad part is that it is only 50 degrees haha.  I know that that is nothing, but we are all freezing. I guess that I have adapted pretty well haha.  The weather here is a lot like utah, one day it is like 80 degrees, and then the next is like 50.  And it has been cloudy for the past month and a half, it's kind of depressing not seeing the sun a whole lot, but what can you do.  There is still a lot of office work for me to do, especially because it is the end of the month and I have to balance out all the accounts. And that kind of frustrates our work in the area a little bit, but we work our hardest! 

We had to drop Cesar this week, he just straight up told us that he didn't want to progress anymore.  We were bummed out, but we still have Sergio on date for the 8th and he is doing great!  I don't really know what I want to write about this week ha, I guess I will just tell you about my interview with president this week.  It was an amazing experience for me.

Elder Vera and I
Interviews were this week on wednesday, and being the office elders we were saved for last.  When it was finally my turn president called me in and we talked a little.  It's weird because we see president more than any of the other missionaries, but an interview setting is just different, you're always just a little bit on edge.  So we started with a prayer and then he asked me, "well Elder Jacobsen, what do you want to talk about?" I sat their for a second thinking and then just started bawling. I don't know what came over me, I mean most of you can count the number of times you have seen me get emotional on one hand, but I just completely lost it.  President just sat there kind of smiling and waiting for me to say something.  I finally got it out how there are so many people that I talk to everyday, so  many that I pass that don't have the gospel or know that they have a heavenly father that loves them and a savior as well.  So many people that i have taught in these 5 months that have felt the spirit but decided not to follow it.  I can't really explain the sorrow I felt during this moment, but it was tearing me apart.  Then president got tears too ha.  He told me that if I could be that sincere with every person they would feel something different, and see something different in my eyes.  So I took his advice and have started sharing the sincere feelings that the spirit puts in my heart with everyone.  Since then it has been hard for me not to get emotional with everyone we talk to.  I have been able to feel some of the love that God has for them.  He is our father and loves everyone of us.  He knows what is best for us and tries his hardest to lead us to that path. And as much sorrow as felt in that moment with president I have felt 100x´s more joy and love as people listen to us.  We even had one person tell us that they could tell what we was saying was true, because they could see it in our eyes! I can't describe the feelings I have for the children of our God, but they continue to grow everyday out here.

Well that is it for this week.  Oh and mom they said the 303 address is better for packages...I look forward to receiving these ones! :)

Elder Jacobsen






No comments:

Post a Comment