Friday, January 2, 2015

12/28/13

Feliz Ano Nuevo!!

Hola hola hola!!

Man it was super sweet to be able to talk to you guys on Christmas.  For sure the best present of all time!! I hope that the conversation was meaningful and made sense ha.  I realized after that we didn't get to talk about a lot, and immediately after a million things jumped into my head that I had wished I said, but oh well we will have that opportunity in almost 17 months now!! Man the time flys.

This week besides The Call was a bit of a bummer.  Our long lived investigator and friend Sergio finally hit his end.  He just wouldn't keep up the stuff that we were asking him to do.  He stopped reading the Book of Mormon, and he quit coming to church.  It was super hard to part ways with him, but hopefully we will be able to return back one day and he will be ready to go at it 100%

I'm struggling with what to write, because I feel like I told you a lot on wednesday, and because it feels a little bit like what I say every week, but I'll give it a shot ha.  We were able to find a couple new investigators this week that I feel pretty good about.  Two are William and Gabriela.  We found them by knocking doors looking for a reference.  They let us come into their house and we started talking and teaching a little.  It turns out that they had listended to the "mormons" before ha.  Of course the only thing that stuck in their head was that we don't drink coffee. But they were excited about the message we gave them and really wanted to received the blessings of the gospel.  They have two little kids and aren't married, so they have a lot that they are worried about in their lives.  Good thing that we have just the cure for them...the gospel!  William said that he can come to church this sunday and that he will bring the two kids with him.  Gabriela said that she has to work and won't be able to come.  We told her that if she wanted to receive the blessings she would have to put in the work.  That it wouldn't be easy, but that to put her faith in God would bless her beyond her beliefs.  It really made her think and I think that by next week she will be with us at church! 

Thank you again for all the love and support you all have shown me especially during the holiday season! I love all of you guys so much!

Love,
Elder Jacobsen




No comments:

Post a Comment