Friday, January 2, 2015

7/14/14

13 Months

Hola hola hola!!

Well I hope that it was a great week at lake powell for everyone ha...
we had the heat here, but there was definitely less water involved.
Elder Cummings and I are doing just great.  It is still weird being
with an american, and it is hard to get him to talk in spanish, but we
are working on it.  I am also loving being the district leader...I
really got spoiled with the elders and sister in my district, so all I
really have to do is give them pep talks ha.

This week was a little bit of a test as far as the work goes.  We
spent the whole week looking for new people to teach that are ready
for the gospel, but we came up mostly empty handed.  We have Jose Luis
that is getting baptized on the 27th, but apart from him we aren't
teaching anyone.  We have had more doors shut on us this week than I
think ever before in my mission.  I know that the lord is trying us
and teaching us something, so we have been working diligently waiting
and expecting the miracles that god can give us.  I am super proud of
Elder Cummings because he is willing to grind with me, even when it
isn't easy like this week.  He is going to be a great missionary once
I can build his confidence up.

So there is some super cool news about the Alonso family.  President
Swapp called be and said that he had received a call from the area
presidency in mexico that they wanted to hear about succesful families
that had been baptized and that they could choose to work really hard
with so that they could get to the temple extra fast to do baptisms
for their dead...and they chose the Alonsos!  So this next month they
are going to have people helping them do geneology, and then at the
end of the month we get to go with them to the temple to do baptisms!!
And president and hermana swapp will be there as well! There are a
super special family haha.

Well that all I have for this week...hopefully more success next week!
Thanks for all the love and support!


my comps first Campechanas




No comments:

Post a Comment